There are many common repair and maintenance issues can put a damper on the experience of owning a home, especially if those issues cause expensive problems that keep costs high. This is why it’s so important to maintain, repair, and replace old and deteriorating products as soon as they become outdated, in order to prevent issues from becoming more difficult or costly to fix.
One obvious sign that your home could need repairs, replacements, or other maintenance work is a rising electric bill. Your bill can fluctuate from month to month according to the season, your living habits, and the quality of your home’s construction—but your bill should never skyrocket.
A sudden spike in your utility costs is a sign of a problem. Follow along as we cover some tips on how to control your electric bill (and how to prevent skyrocketing utility costs), and learn how our team at Miami Electric Masters can help you keep your bills down starting this month.
Tips for Controlling Your Electric Bill
With today’s advancements in technology and energy-saving products like smart home systems, it has never been easier to keep your electric bill under control. That’s why we have provided a short list to help you start maximizing your savings today:
- Perform an energy audit: To understand what you can save, you need to know what your energy baseline is. A reliable electric company like Miami Electric Masters can visit your home and help you perform an energy audit, to determine how efficient your home’s energy usage is and how to improve it.
- Watch out for black holes: Even if they’re turned off and not in use, electrical appliances that are plugged into outlets are still consuming energy. Most homeowners keep their computer, router, and TV plugged in at all times, which can add up throughout the month and cause your bills to skyrocket.
However, if you want to save on your energy bill, consider investing in power strips that you can turn off to save on energy usage when you’re not at home, or when you’re not using your electronics throughout the day or night.
- Go with LED lighting: LED lights reduce energy consumption by 90% compared to standard lights. Over time, this adds up to significant savings.
- Consider your appliances: Appliances have to be replaced every so often. That being said, for your next appliance purchase, consider buying products approved by Energy Star. These appliances can save you a lot of money in the long run with more efficient, energy-saving features and practical functionality.
- Programmablethermostatsmatter: Nowadays, homeowners have the ability to control the temperature of their home with programmable thermostats. This saves a lot of money due to lower energy use during the day while you’re away at work, or when you’re in bed sleeping.
- Consider Motion Sensors: The constant turning on and off of your lights can be a real drain on your energy bill. To help combat costs, you may want to consider motion sensors. This way the lights stay off except when you’re moving within the home. When paired with LED lights this can represent decent savings for your next bill.
Remember that this list is by no means comprehensive. Keep experimenting with various ways to improve your energy bill, as your energy drains are often caused by unique situations. Also, consider having your home evaluated by a professional electrical company for best results. At Miami Electric Masters, we can perform a comprehensive energy audit and personalized strategy designed to reduce your energy costs significantly.
Managing your Energy Bill With Miami Electric Masters
It’s no secret that high-energy bills can creep up on us—especially if we’re not paying attention to what’s causing energy drains in our homes. Fortunately, our team at Miami Electric Masters can help with customized solutions to solving your energy drain problems. From our energy audits to the installation of our state-of-the-smart home systems, we can help you cut energy usage down without sacrificing comfort or enjoyment of your home. Here are some of the benefits of choosing our team to help you manage your energy bill:
- Expert Installation
- Top-Quality, affordable products
- Same-Day Service and Appointments
- Emergency Response Services
- Fully Licensed and Insured Business and Employees
Ready to start saving money on your electric bill? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional home automation solutions from Miami Electric Masters, or fill out our online form to schedule your free, no-obligation, in-home pricing quote.