- Step 1 – Find the wall and location where you want to mount the television.
- Step 2 – Invest in a Flat Screen TV in-wall cover and power kit. You can find one at your local hardware store at an affordable price.
- Step 3 – Drill two holes. The first hole should be located behind your television and the second behind the media console.
- Step 4 – Snake a narrow plastic tube behind the drywall. This step creates a tunnel for the wires to feed through during installation.
- Step 5 – Hide the power strip off the floor by mounting it to the wall behind the media console. Most power strips contain slots that make this an easy process.
Once your DIY project is complete you should not see any cables or wires on the floor or wall. This project sounds easy, but it takes a lot of time and energy. The process might involve dealing with insulation as you snake the plastic tube behind the drywall. This could be a complicated and time-consuming process.
If you are not prepared to handle this project alone you can ask for help from family and friends. However, it is recommended that you contact a professional electrician to ensure the project is completed properly. If you are looking for a simpler solution there is an option. You can purchase wire covers from the local hardware store. This option will result in the exposure of the wire covers. Some homeowners will paint the covers the same color as the wall the television is mounted on. This option is fairly easy for most people and doesn’t involve a lot of labor.
Hiding the wires to your big screen television is something most people struggle with. You can tackle the DIY projects listed above or contact an electrician for assistance.